The hunting season is open again … shooting ranges always are.
Those who are passionate about hunting or shooting know it: guns must be looked after and handled with great care and attention. Safety and accident prevention for the surrounding environment must be carefully observed to avoid serious risks.
The first question anyone owning a gun should ask is: “When it’s not being used is it in a safe place where nobody can access it, if they are not authorised?”
Those who are passionate about guns, or are getting to know this world, should know that the first safety rule is to make sure that the rifles and guns do not end up in the “wrong hands”, that is, criminals, but also minors, or more generally, unauthorised persons who could use them improperly, thus running great risks and also involving people around them. It is therefore necessary for anyone who owns a gun, either for use or as part of a collection, to be able to ensure proper storage, in a secure housing, when it’s not in use.
Viro offers a gun cabinet designed not only for keeping guns safe, but also for providing multiple advanced level services for the users.
- The “Diario di caccia” gun cabinet is equipped with an advanced electronic combination lock, which avoids the problem of “where to hide the key”. Two different users can access the closet, each with their own code. The electronic lock management offers greater security than mechanical locks because after 6 attempts to open with the wrong code a security block trips to prevent attempts at guessing the right combination by trial & error.It is also possible to consult the history database of the last 50 operations performed. In this way, it is possible to know at any time who opened the cabinet and when, how many and which attempts were made to open the cabinet using incorrect codes, if and when a security lock was activated and whether the cabinet was opened with the key emergency.
- It is possible to record (and update) the number of birds/animals shot for every species that can be hunted in Italy and compare it with the previous year’s figures to keep track of the results. This is the exclusive “Diaro di caccia” (that is, Hunting Diary) function which also gives its name to the cabinet.
- It is possible to enter the number of rifles and pistols contained and their relative ammunition in order to monitor the consumption and immediately detect any missing items.
- 2pre-set reminders, in which you only need to enter the date, to remember the scheduled date for cleaning guns and renewing hunting licenses.
- 4 fully customisable reminders, used, for example, to remember the beginning of the hunting season in various regions.
- Monitoring of internal temperature and humidity, with the possibility of setting up an audio alarm, in order to prevent oxidation of the guns.
The attention paid to the needs of users can be seen in many other details, such as:
- The butt-support and barrel-support (with an increased thickness which guarantees the perfect positioning of single or double-barrelled rifles, even equipped with sights) is made of high density scratch-proof polyethylene in order not to damage the guns.
- A digital weather station to have weather forecasts in real time and be able to choose in advance the best hunting clothing.
- The cabinet is also fitted with an ammunition safety box and a holder for objects protected by a further dedicated lock.
All the advanced features listed above, dedicated to the users’ needs, are an incentive to store the guns safely, so as to enjoy the sporting moments with confidence, thanks to the Viro “Diario di Caccia” security cabinet.