The top 3 of the Viro anti-theft devices for motorcycles and mopeds includes:
3. DISC LOCK (here we talked in detail about the pros and cons of these security systems and the features to pay attention to: we also presented the top of the range of Viro 2Ruote disc locks)
2. U-LOCKS (here we talked in detail about the pros and cons of these security systems and the features to pay attention to: we also presented the U-locks of Viro 2Ruote range)
1. PADLOCK WITH CHAIN
In today’s blog, as mentioned, we will focus on the best security system for the protection of motorcycles and mopeds: the padlock with chain.
1. PADLOCK WITH CHAIN
Before buying a padlock
with chain it is advisable to assess some features such as:
– The length and diameter of the chain;
– The construction materials of the padlock and chain;
– The cylinder security;
– Additional characteristics of the item which contribute towards guaranteeing its strength and security.
The drawbacks are, of course, the weight. The padlock with chain will without doubt weigh more than other systems, but if you opt for this anti-theft device there will be many advantages.
Let’s look at the leading items in this category of the Viro 2Ruote Made in Italy range:
1.1 BLOCCA CATENA with chain section 10 mm
– The chain in made of special case-hardened, tempered, drawn and galvanized manganese steel, with a length of 150 cm or 200 cm, which is more than enough to secure the motorcycle to a pole, and a section of 10 mm
– The padlock is made of solid brass covered with a case-hardened, tempered, copper and nickel-plated steel armour with rotating anti-cutting rods built like the armour.
– The security cylinder has 5 pins and is protected by burglar-proof and anti-drill security escutcheon.
The shape of the “Blocca Catena” padlock has also been designed to avoid side protrusion so as to seem a simple extension of the chain itself.
The presence of 2 independent rods allows one at a time to be released, making the use much easier and faster. The head of the rods is hollow and therefore has a programmed breakage.Any attempt to force the rod will result in its breakage in the predefined point, thus preventing the thief from being able to open the padlock.
The semi-square section of the chain withstands manual cutting shears which are designed for retaining round profiles.
1.2 EUROTHOR with chain
– The chain is made of special case-hardened, tempered, drawn and galvanized manganese steel, with a length of 150 cm or 180 cm, which is more than enough to secure the motorcycle to a pole, with a section of 13 mm
– The one-piece padlock and the rotating anti-cutting rod are made of case-hardened and tempered steel and undergo a special chemical nickel-plating (Niploy Process) which maximises the resistance to corrosion.
– The security cylinder has 6 pins and is protected by a 4.4 mm rotating burglar-proof and anti-drill security escutcheon.
The “Eurothor” padlock is similar to a Monolith one-piece padlock, with the same functions and strength but with more compact and reduced dimensions, to facilitate its transport by motorcycle and its perfect integration with the chain.
The head of the rod is hollow and therefore has a programmed breakage.Any attempt to force the rod will result in its breakage, thus preventing the thief from being able to open the padlock.
The hexagonal section of the chain withstands manual cutting shears which are designed for retaining round profiles. Furthermore, the reduced space between the two final “loop” links of the chain makes it difficult to introduce burglary tools.
For more information on the top-of-the-range Viro 2 Ruote products, please visit the respective technical data sheets on our website:
– White Shark disc lock
– New Hardened disc lock
– U-locks with 16 mm or 19 mm section
– “Blocca Catena” padlock with chain
– “Eurothor” padlock with chain